- Protect the sanctity of childhood
- Honor the distinct inner purpose of each child
- Offer a proven and rigorous classical, academic curriculum, taught through the arts, movement and storytelling
- Meet children’s needs at each stage of their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development
- Challenge children to discover the full range of their abilities
- Nurture the child’s natural curiosity, joy and sense of wonder essential to learning
- Instill respect and reverence for humanity and the Earth
- Promote world peace and the renewal of human society
- Produce creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Foster deep, mutually supportive relationships between teachers and parents
Asheville Waldorf School is dedicated to protecting the sanctity of childhood, igniting a lifelong love of learning, and instilling the strength to feel with compassion and act with moral purpose in the world.
We value a progressive approach to Waldorf, in which new ideas, practices, and styles are incorporated to support and enrich the student experience from early childhood programming through the completion of grade eight. Our pedagogy is reflective, and responsive to the demands and expectations of today’s changing world, while maintaining our core vision — to weave together the arts, academics, and movement with a reverence for the developing child.
Now more than ever, we are committed to meeting our students with an openness to possibility, providing time and tools for developing resiliency, and teaching them skills that can be used to turn challenges into opportunities.
EDUCATION FOR THE FUTURE
On September 19, 2019, Waldorf education celebrates 100 years. Across the globe, Waldorf schools are engaging in creative, social and environmental actions. With these initiatives, Waldorf communities are seeding the future. 100 years is only the beginning. Visit waldorfeducation.org/waldorf100 to learn more. Join the movement. Seed the future.
The film “Learn to Change the World” shows people from around the world who work on the big pedagogical tasks of our time based on Waldorf/Steiner pedagogy. It is the first of more to come which aim to show concrete approaches to these tasks.
Inquire about Admissions
Educating the whole child, in mind, body, and spirit,
for a life of continuous learning
and meaningful engagement with the world.
ASHEVILLE WALDORF SCHOOL
531 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806
Main office: 828.575.2557